Duty Working Manager
Back to Search results
||Permanent - Employee
|Working Hours per Week
||£35,000 per annum plus benefits
As a Duty Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and leading the day-to-day activity of the service delivery team carrying out PRM (Passengers with Restricted Mobility), lost/left luggage functions in line with the contractual requirements. Your role will be based on a Monday to Friday working pattern, however there will be an expectation for you to be flexible to cover the needs of the operation and to be flexible to high-profile/ad-hoc movements associated with an airport services role. As a Duty Manager, you will be the primary point of contact for AGS and Southampton Airport and will monitor and review performance. You will be required to determine and maintain the operating practices (SOP) needed to deliver the contracted services and you will liaise regularly with the Operations Director to report on all activity. You will be responsible on a day-to-day basis for delivery against budget, ECAC, SLA and KPI targets and to ensure audits are conducted and health and safety process are followed.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collating, monitoring, maintaining and distributing all contract reports within the agreed contract governance timescales and formats
- Leading the onsite team in providing the front-line delivery of all services for seven-day coverage of the operations team who will meet and exceed business objectives; to include, but not limited to, key operational and contractual KPIs, i.e. service standards, service quality, and compliance standards
- Ensuring customer requirements/specifications and service requirements are compiled with. Collating and reporting to AGS, Southampton Airport and OCS daily performance, identifying trends and highlighting recommendations for changes.
- Establishing and maintaining a strategic working relationship with AGS, Southampton Airport, suppliers, the CAA and other areas of the business as appropriate.
- Preparing for and attending governance meetings as appropriate with AGS, Southampton Airport, suppliers and senior management.
- Liaisaing with AGS, Southampton Airport and internal OCS stakeholders regarding manpower and rosters and ensuring these are maintained to maximise efficiencies and deliver to KPI/SLA’s.
- Ensuring daily work activity is scheduled and coordinated.
- Working on assigned projects as identified by the Operations Director to enhance operational performance and delivery of the contract.
- Delivering profit and loss responsibilities to budget for OCS and AGS
- Processing data relating to Av Tec operating system, Time Gate payroll and rostering/manpower utilisation system, Crimson LOLER data base and other systems as required
- Developing and instigating Business Continuity Plans as directed by the Operations Director
- Leading and communicating regularly and effectively with staff through formal and informal channels on all health and safety matters.
- Ensuring the effectiveness of the monthly health and safety and security forums follow up on actions as required.
- Ensuring that the OCS health, safety and security image is reflected positively through clarity of leadership and actions and those of the operational teams.
- Good level of general education
- IT literate with experience in reporting and data analysis (Power BI)
- UK driving licence essential to be able to obtain Airside Driving licence
- GSAT Certificate (General Security Awareness Training)
- Health and Safety Certificate
Working experience/Personal attributes
- Previous management experience in a dynamic environment is essential.
- Previous experience of a PRM operation
- Outstanding communication skills are a pre-requisite for this position.
- Good knowledge of industry best practice & trends
- Proven track record of leading dynamic and diverse teams
- Experience of working within a highly H&S regulated environment highly desirable.
- Proven track record of working with Trade Unions and Employee Representatives desirable
- Proven track record of delivering results.
- Ability to influence and manage multiple stakeholders.
- High degree of self-motivation and possess the determination to succeed
- Very strong motivational and team building skills.
- Highly resilient and robust nature
- Exceptional Health and safety leader and role model
- Credible, open and honest
- Inspirational safety leader
- Successful candidate will require an Airport pass for this position
From providing a first-class shopping experience at major retail and leisure establishments, to maintaining critical factory facilities for well-known industrial organisations, to supporting the patient journey at large hospitals, we provide the essential services that keep businesses and societies running day in and day out.
At OCS Group, we take a partnership approach. That means we start by listening carefully to each customer to understand their requirements, then tailor our services to meet their specific needs. We deliver more than 70 internationally accredited facilities management services – ranging from cleaning, security and catering to waste management – as standalone, bundled or fully integrated solutions.
OCS prides itself as a company that has family values.
We take CARE of you; We act SAFELY and responsibly; We are TRUSTWORTHY; We work as EXPERTS.
- An enhanced pension scheme (above auto enrolment rates) - to save for the future
- Life Assurance – to protect your family should the worst happen
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays on top
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Private Medical Insurance – to protect you
- Access to 100s of high street discounts
- Financial Wellbeing support - Access to low interest loans
- Recognition scheme ‘OCS Stars’- monetary rewards given to top performers
- Training and Development- apprenticeships, e-learning, English as a Second Language and our award nominated ‘Impact’ Programme
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme- discounted bicycles
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme- 24-7 Health & Wellbeing Support
- Successful candidates for this role, who meet the eligibility criteria, may have the opportunity to undertake a formal work-based training course under our commitment to personal and professional development through the Government’s apprenticeship scheme