Group Head of Business Intelligence
Back to Search results
||Permanent - Employee
|Working Hours per Week
||£90,000 + Benefits + Car Allowance
This role will be instrumental in leading the development and delivery of our Business Intelligence, AI and Machine Learning Strategy, taking our capability in all three of these aspects forward to support the delivery of the broader business strategy.
You will be a highly motivated individual, have a passion for differentiation and disruption and able to bring thought leadership and innovation to our organisation to effect top and bottom line improvement. Working closely with the Business transformation teams and the Group CIO on programmes that will deliver technology transformation to revolutionise the way we deliver services to our customers and run our business.
You will have an instrumental role in delivering BI, AI and ML technologies and associated functionality through these programmes to drive the strategic business intelligence and data management roadmaps working with stakeholders to generate business value.
As a key driver in our next phase of development, you will be responsible for the ongoing transformation and effective running of Business Intelligence Services across the group which employs 92,000 staff, serves 6,000 IT users and 8,000 clients globally.
Reporting directly into the Group CIO, this role will develop a Business Intelligence, AI, ML strategy and roadmap to support the OCS Group business strategies. Analysing technology industry and market trends you will assess the potential opportunity and impact to the enterprise, adapting our strategy and roadmap as required. You will oversee BI programmes and projects working closely with the Programme office.
This position will have oversight of the design of our data governance model and master data management with input from Business Architects, Data Analysts, Solution Architects and Middleware development team.
You will implement and maintain a clear set of documentation and your clear Business Intelligence vision will translate to an executable roadmap with key milestones and reporting.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and delivering the BI, AI, ML strategy and roadmap that supports our broader Business Strategy, transformation programmes and beyond, establishing stakeholder engagement, governance, peer review and reporting
- Actively championing and communicating the BI, AI, ML strategy and roadmapping to all stakeholders in a manner that is inclusive, appropriate for the intended audiences and readily comprehensible
- Providing insight on the latest opportunities in BI solutions available on the market including where Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Lakes and Analytics can provide value and influence how we approach the markets we operate in
- Reviewing the status of our use of Power BI as a first step towards the execution of the BI Strategy both within the UK and Globally as directed by the Group CIO
- Maintaining an active understanding of key business drivers, major strategic initiatives and changes in the external market to ensure the architectural vision and roadmap remains relevant and adds value to OCS as a whole
- Being a key player in the delivery of our transformation programmes contributing to its success and supporting your colleagues
- Developing data management principles, governance and reporting that reflect a full and thorough understanding of the business direction of OCS
- Championing internal and external customer service and take responsibility for the effective performance of our Business Intelligence services and business wide data management ownership
- Good standard of education
- Relevant Business Intelligence Certifications
- Proven track record of delivering BI solutions using Microsoft SQL technology
Working experience/Personal attributes
- The ideal candidate will have held the role of Senior Head of Business Intelligence or similar with previous programme responsibilities and knowledge of using Artificial Intelligence for Business Intelligence
- Experience of putting in place BI, AI, ML and Data Mgt governance, standards, practices and methods with a good understanding of the relevance of the business change agenda when designing, implementing and communicating
- Strong experience working in a complex business/IT service environment in a business leadership position
- Experience of working in a cross-functional, complex service company environment with management of senior level business stakeholders advantageous
- Career history showing progression within Business Intelligence roles within a challenging, changeable environment and a need for synergy
- Demonstrable thought leadership in the field of Business Intelligence
- In depth knowledge of technology solutions, trends and techniques with a clear understanding of what future technology can mean for business
- Previous experience in IoT data projects is desirable
- Experience of enabling the delivery of business change/development through facilitation of solutions, within large scale, complex programmes across multiple stakeholders
- Driven, confident, outgoing and self-managing individual with a real passion for achieving high service standards and an appetite for continuous change and development
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills with the ability enthuse and inspire senior business leadership
- Clear, concise and logical communication style suitable for all levels of the organisation
- Strong planning, decision-making and organisation skills, with the ability to manage conflicting demands and judge complex situations through prioritisation and pragmatic approaches. Knows when to escalate and communicate issues
- Personable leadership style that inspires and coaches direct reports and teams to deliver quality results. Ability to resolve differences personally and effectively
- Ability to think strategically, reflecting a clear understanding of organisational goals and style
- Financial acumen and the ability to manage complex budgets to achieve results