Senior Employee Relations Advisor
Back to Search results
||Old Trafford, Manchester
||Permanent - Employee
|Working Hours per Week
||Up to £35,000 + Benefits
OCS has recently been through a period of transformation, and part of that change has been the creation of the new Employee Relations (ER) function. We've built an ER advice team that provides expert ER advice and guidance to line managers across OCS. But we’re not done yet. Now we're looking to recruit a talented Senior ER Advisor to join our team and take ownership of a wide range of ER queries across a multi-disciplined business. If you can bring us the ER skills we need, we can offer you the chance to build your career and make a serious impact in a business that puts people first.
Reporting to the Employee Relations Manager, you will take ownership of your own caseload and lead a small team of ER Advisors to provide professional, commercially driven, proactive and timely advice and support on a wide range of employee issues.
As an experienced ER professional, you’ll advise on disciplinary, capability, grievance and absence matters, as well as TUPE, employment contracts, change management, and all other ER-related challenges. You’ll also work closely with our in-house Legal team to ensure that cases are efficiently handled and settled where commercially beneficial.
You’ll assist in the monitoring and evaluating of the ER team’s performance to identify and implement improvements and deliver a service that exceeds business expectations. You’ll provide coaching and support to help develop the team to ensure consistent, impartial, and high-quality advice is provided.
This role will provide an exciting opportunity for someone who:
- Has built strong working experience managing Employee Relations (ER) matters
- Has experience of leading a small team, or is ready for that next step
- Has a desire to influence change
- Has a demonstrable understanding of UK employment legislation
- Has good knowledge of TUPE and change management
- Has an ability to offer both best practice and commercial solutions
- Is ideally degree-qualified or holds a professional HR qualification (CIPD level 5 or above preferred)
- Has a track record of working as part of a team and working on their own initiative
- Has an ability to communicate and influence at all levels of a business
- Embodies professionalism, trust and integrity