Team Manager - Vegetation/Horticulture
Back to Search results
||Permanent - Employee
|Working Hours per Week
||£28,000 - £32,000 + Benefits + Car Allowance
The Team Manager will report directly to the Service Manager, facilitating and delivering Vegetation Management works and other operations on our Utility contracts.
Working as part of a larger team you will carry out your role to the highest standards ensuring your own safety and that of your colleagues at all times. You will also be responsible and accountable for Direct Labour and Sub-Contractor field staff. Ensuring works are completed safely and within budget following contract process and procedures.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that vegetation work specifications and method statements are fully compiled and complied with, along with operational procedures, safe working methods and best environmental practices
- Completing site required documentation and risk assessments
- Organising sites to ensure work is carried out to the required standard with minimum risk to employees, sub-contractors and others on site, productively and in accordance with operational procedures
- Remaining polite and courteous at all times
- Managing vegetation/horticulture works in line with work program and cutting cycle to required standard and right first time
- Completing Safety, Environment and Quality audits implementing close out actions and improvement plans
- Ensuring operations are delivered within agreed budget and planned time scale and that progress on contract delivery is reported
- Computer literacy/administrative skills (MS Word & Excel/report writing)
- IOSH (desirable)
Working experience/Personal attributes
- Proven background and experience of Utility/Vegetation/Horticulture Management contract work - Essential
- Experience in managing a team
- Knowledge of managing budgets
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong motivational and team building skills
- A resilient and robust nature is essential
- The ability to work autonomously
- Customer Focused
- Passionate about safety
Why join OCS Group UK Ltd?
From providing a first-class shopping experience at major retail and leisure establishments, to maintaining critical factory facilities for well-known industrial organisations, to supporting the patient journey at large hospitals, we provide the essential services that keep businesses and societies running day in and day out.
At OCS Group, we take a partnership approach. That means we start by listening carefully to each customer to understand their requirements, then tailor our services to meet their specific needs. We deliver more than 70 internationally accredited facilities management services – ranging from cleaning, security and catering to waste management – as standalone, bundled or fully integrated solutions.
OCS prides itself as a company that has family values.
We take CARE of you; We act SAFELY and responsibly; We are TRUSTWORTHY; We work as EXPERTS.
What will you get in return?
- An enhanced pension scheme (above auto enrolment rates) - to save for the future
- Life Assurance – to protect your family should the worst happen
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays on top
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Private Medical Insurance – to protect you
- Access to 100s of high street discounts
- Financial Wellbeing support - Access to low interest loans
- Recognition scheme ‘OCS Stars’- monetary rewards given to top performers
- Training and Development- apprenticeships, e-learning, English as a Second Language and our award nominated ‘Impact’ Programme
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme- discounted bicycles
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme- 24-7 Health & Wellbeing Support