Back to Search results
||Permanent - Employee
|Working Hours per Week
||Competitive plus benefits and car allowance
The Enterprise Architect (EA) is responsible for the overarching technology architecture that enables business processes and data flows that connects the end-to-end business architecture in a new fully automated digital business model.
Reporting to the Group CTO, the EA is accountable for ensuring the content of Client contract requirements and OCS project architecture deliverables accurately reflects the current and future capabilities of the OCS application, integration and infrastructure estate.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop and maintain the future digital state architecture models, architecture principles, standards and architecture processes
- Lead and develop the Enterprise and Solution architecture capability across the group
- Engage IT resource as required to ensure alignment to IT strategy, architecture, principles and safe service introduction of your solutions
- Using documented business requirements, develop solution options, architecture documentation and manage the approval and sign off process
- Develop long-term relationships with colleagues, delivery partners and technology vendors
- Manage risks and issues associated with the architecture process and escalate where necessary
- Report regularly on progress to relevant governance forums and bodies
- Participate in any communication activities through formal and informal channels on safety matters to ensure that there is a free flow of ideas
- Take responsibility for reviewing the safe system of work prior to the commencement of the work activity
- Raise any concerns over Health & Safety breaches in accordance with Company Procedure
- Educated to at least degree level or demonstrate equivalent skills and ability
- Exposure to TOGAF, Zachman, ITIL, CoBiT, Prince2 frameworks or similar would be an advantage. Evidence of ongoing learning ability essential
Working experience/Personal attributes
- Experience in working as an Enterprise Architecture with a strong background in technology (business applications and enterprise integration in particular)
- A career history showing progression within technology roles within a challenging, changeable environment comprising multiple business systems and a need for synergy
- A track record of delivering world class architecture solutions within a large, complex commercial operation where flexibility and value for money are key success factors
- Ability to develop innovative solutions to meet business requirements and to bring new ideas to the Enterprise Architecture team for consideration
- Strong planning and organising skills including the ability to manage several work streams simultaneously
From providing a first-class shopping experience at major retail and leisure establishments, to maintaining critical factory facilities for well-known industrial organisations, to supporting the patient journey at large hospitals, we provide the essential services that keep businesses and societies running day in and day out.
At OCS Group, we take a partnership approach. That means we start by listening carefully to each customer to understand their requirements, then tailor our services to meet their specific needs. We deliver more than 70 internationally accredited facilities management services – ranging from cleaning, security and catering to waste management – as standalone, bundled or fully integrated solutions.
OCS prides itself as a company that has family values.
We take CARE of you; We act SAFELY and responsibly; We are TRUSTWORTHY; We work as EXPERTS.
- An enhanced pension scheme (above auto enrolment rates) - to save for the future
- Life Assurance – to protect your family should the worst happen
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays on top
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Private Medical Insurance – to protect you
- Access to 100s of high street discounts
- Financial Wellbeing support - Access to low interest loans
- Recognition scheme ‘OCS Stars’- monetary rewards given to top performers
- Training and Development- apprenticeships, e-learning, English as a Second Language and our award nominated ‘Impact’ Programme
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme- discounted bicycles
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme- 24-7 Health & Wellbeing Support
- Successful candidates for this role, who meet the eligibility criteria, may have the opportunity to undertake a formal work-based training course under our commitment to personal and professional development through the Government’s apprenticeship scheme