Must have a good standard of education to degree level OR demonstrate equivalent skills and ability
Working experience/Personal attributes
Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases using structured as well as unstructured data sets.
Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
Proficient in applying data modelling approaches; normalization, star schemas, dimensional modelling, slowly changing dimensions.
Comprehensive knowledge of data query concepts; joins, grouping, pivots
Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
Strong project management and organizational skills.
Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
Experience in data modelling, data warehouse design, ETL frameworks
Technical knowledge and experience of managing and maintaining data platform environments.
Experience of Microsoft Data Factory and Azure Data warehouse cloud services desirable.
Experience with Azure Data Bricks Streamer
Exposure to cloud data migrations highly advantageous
Exposure to one or more data visualisation platforms / BI reporting
Development experience in languages such as Python, R, Java, C++ advantageous
Experience of NoSql/Non-relational databases advantageous
Ability to think strategically and evaluate options in the short, medium and long term.
Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment, and to respond calmly and rationally to changing aspirations in a deadline-driven situation.
Strong planning and organising skills including the ability to manage several work streams simultaneously.
Excellent communication skills with a capacity to present, discuss and explain issues coherently and logically both in writing and verbally.
Good influencing and persuasion skills with the ability to enthuse and inspire multidisciplinary teams and build successful relationships at all levels.
Clear decision-making ability with the facility to judge complex situations and assess when to escalate issues.
Ability to balance conflicting and changing demands through prioritisation and a pragmatic approach.
Good team player, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
From providing a first-class shopping experience at major retail and leisure establishments, to maintaining critical factory facilities for well-known industrial organisations, to supporting the patient journey at large hospitals, we provide the essential services that keep businesses and societies running day in and day out.
At OCS Group, we take a partnership approach. That means we start by listening carefully to each customer to understand their requirements, then tailor our services to meet their specific needs. We deliver more than 70 internationally accredited facilities management services – ranging from cleaning, security and catering to waste management – as standalone, bundled or fully integrated solutions.
OCS prides itself as a company that has family values.
We take CARE of you; We act SAFELY and responsibly; We are TRUSTWORTHY; We work as EXPERTS.
- An enhanced pension scheme (above auto enrolment rates) - to save for the future
- Life Assurance – to protect your family should the worst happen
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays on top
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Private Medical Insurance – to protect you
- Access to 100s of high street discounts
- Financial Wellbeing support - Access to low interest loans
- Recognition scheme ‘OCS Stars’- monetary rewards given to top performers
- Training and Development- apprenticeships, e-learning, English as a Second Language and our award nominated ‘Impact’ Programme
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme- discounted bicycles
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme- 24-7 Health & Wellbeing Support
- Successful candidates for this role, who meet the eligibility criteria, may have the opportunity to undertake a formal work-based training course under our commitment to personal and professional development through the Government’s apprenticeship scheme