Must have a good standard of education to at least degree level OR demonstrate equivalent skills and ability
No formal qualifications are required for this role; however, exposure to ITIL, CoBiT, Prince2 frameworks or similar would be an advantage.
Working experience/Personal attributes
Proven experience managing IT test teams and experience of working in a facilities management environment would be highly advantageous.
Exposure to IT project delivery processes and best practise.
A career history showing progression within IT testing roles within a challenging, changeable environment comprising multiple business systems and with a need for synergy.
A track record of delivering world class testing solutions within a large, complex commercial operation where flexibility and value for money are key success factors.
Experience with Finance or HR & Payroll system testing an advantage
Ability to deliver optimal testing approaches, based on a balanced view of cost and risk to the organisation.
Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment, and to respond calmly and rationally to changing aspirations in a deadline-driven situation.
Strong planning and organising skills including the ability to manage several work streams simultaneously.
Excellent documentation skills with the ability to explain outcomes to a variety of stakeholders.
Excellent communication skills with a capacity to present, discuss and explain issues coherently and logically, both in writing and verbally.
Good influencing and persuasion skills with the ability to enthuse and inspire multidisciplinary teams and build successful relationships at all levels.
Clear decision-making ability with the ability to judge complex situations and assess when to escalate issues.
Ability to balance conflicting and changing demands through prioritisation and a pragmatic approach.
Good team player, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
Able to resolve differences professionally and effectively when projects are intent on a certain direction that may conflict with IT strategy and direction.
Pragmatic in approach and highly delivery focused.
From providing a first-class shopping experience at major retail and leisure establishments, to maintaining critical factory facilities for well-known industrial organisations, to supporting the patient journey at large hospitals, we provide the essential services that keep businesses and societies running day in and day out.
At OCS Group, we take a partnership approach. That means we start by listening carefully to each customer to understand their requirements, then tailor our services to meet their specific needs. We deliver more than 70 internationally accredited facilities management services – ranging from cleaning, security and catering to waste management – as standalone, bundled or fully integrated solutions.
OCS prides itself as a company that has family values.
We take CARE of you; We act SAFELY and responsibly; We are TRUSTWORTHY; We work as EXPERTS.
- An enhanced pension scheme (above auto enrolment rates) - to save for the future
- Life Assurance – to protect your family should the worst happen
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays on top
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Private Medical Insurance – to protect you
- Access to 100s of high street discounts
- Financial Wellbeing support - Access to low interest loans
- Recognition scheme ‘OCS Stars’- monetary rewards given to top performers
- Training and Development- apprenticeships, e-learning, English as a Second Language and our award nominated ‘Impact’ Programme
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme- discounted bicycles
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme- 24-7 Health & Wellbeing Support
- Successful candidates for this role, who meet the eligibility criteria, may have the opportunity to undertake a formal work-based training course under our commitment to personal and professional development through the Government’s apprenticeship scheme