Business Insight Data Engineer
Back to Search results
||Birmingham with UK travel
||Permanent - Employee
|Working Hours per Week
||£55,000 per annum plus benefits
We have a vacancy for a Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts.
The role will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
The role will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced data pipeline builder and data modeler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. You will be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design and implement cloud based, enterprise level, Data Warehousing architecture that supports ‘Big data’, ETL processing and BI reporting
- Design and build the infrastructure required (ETL Framework) for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AZURE ‘big data’ technologies such as data pipelines, data factory and data bricks.
- Design and implement multi-dimensional schemas within the data warehouse, using schemas to support Analytics and BI reporting
- Produce Data Architecture High Level Design and Detailed Design Documents to communicate your design with the Data Architect, the Data Team, and other stakeholders.
- Work with the Data Architect to ensure standards are maintained for Master Data Management, Data Governance and GDPR
- Working with the Information Security team keep our data secure across national boundaries through single OCS data platform in Azure.
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability.
- Analyse and organize large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build analytics tools to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Review data tools for analytics and data insight team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases using structured as well as unstructured data sets.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Proficient in applying data modelling approaches; normalization, star schemas, dimensional modelling, slowly changing dimensions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of data query concepts; joins, grouping, pivots
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Experience with build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience in data modelling, data warehouse design, ETL frameworks
- Technical knowledge and experience of managing and maintaining data platform environments.
- Experience with Azure Data Bricks Streamer
- Exposure to one or more data visualisation platforms / BI reporting
What will you get in return?
An enhanced pension scheme (above auto enrolment rates) - to save for the future
Life Assurance – to protect your family should the worst happen
25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays on top
Option to purchase additional annual leave
Private Medical Insurance – to protect you
Access to 100s of high street discounts
Financial Wellbeing support - Access to low interest loans
Recognition scheme ‘OCS Stars’- monetary rewards given to top performers
Training and Development- apprenticeships, e-learning, English as a Second Language and our award nominated ‘Impact’ Programme
Long Service Awards
Cycle to work scheme- discounted bicycles
Access to our Employee Assistance Programme- 24-7 Health & Wellbeing Support
Successful candidates for this role, who meet the eligibility criteria, may have the opportunity to undertake a formal work-based training course under our commitment to personal and professional development through the Government’s apprenticeship scheme
Why join OCS Group UK Ltd?
OCS prides itself as a company with strong family values and we are passionate about hiring people who demonstrate the same.
We take CARE of you; We act SAFELY and responsibly; We are TRUSTWORTHY; We work as EXPERTS. If you share these Values, we want you to be part of our team.
OCS have a well-respected brand and our colleagues are empowered to be the best version of themselves. We offer job stability and are committed to developing our colleagues by offering more than just a job. We are a financially stable business who continues to be privately owned since its inception in 1900.
We reward those who demonstrate our values and since the launch of our OCS Star recognition scheme we have rewarded nearly 1,500 colleagues with monetary vouchers, certificates, and public recognition within the business.
We invest and support the growth of our people and are currently sponsoring over 310 colleagues who are enrolled in a variety of apprenticeship programmes, ranging from Level 3 qualifications in customer service to degree programmes in Leadership. If you want to develop you career, OCS is a great choice.
OCS offers the family feel of smaller organisations although large enough to offer so many opportunities. We recognise your efforts and contribution and show our appreciation through a variety of reward schemes which in turn results in our colleagues staying with OCS. Our business is the family you can choose, and our people stay for the friendships, opportunities, and career fulfilment we offer