Back to Search results
||Permanent - Employee
||Monday - Friday
|Working Times Between
||8:00 am and 7.00 pm
|Working Hours per Week
||£10.12 per hour
We are looking for a General Porter to take responsibility for the delivery of the portering service within the hospital. Delivering excellent customer service by ensuring all requests from users within the Royal Papworth Hospital are executed in a timely, accurate and professional manner all within the agreed service level requirements
- Movement of general, recycling and clinical waste and used linen from chute rooms to waste compound. Tagging of clinical waste ensuring it goes through the correct waste service stream, safe use of waste and carboard compactors.
- Use the app provided to ensure the start and completion of tasks within the service specification time.
- Scheduled or adhoc movement and delivery of linen throughout site to designated areas always ensuring sufficient stock.
- Scheduled and adhoc delivery of Medical Gas throughout site ensuring all requests are dealt with in a timely manner. Collection of empty cylinders throughout site and return to gas store.
- Scheduled and adhoc collection of samples from designated collections points throughout the site ensuring samples are collected and delivered to the correct laboratory at CUH within the service attend and complete times.
- Scheduled and adhoc collection and delivery of all goods brought into site through the procurement department. Collection and delivery of goods in a safe and timely manner ensuring service attend and completion times are met.
- Scheduled and adhoc collection and delivery of health records from designated allocations around site, ensuring health records are collected and delivered securely within GDPR regulation and that all tasks are attended and completed within the service specification.
- Scheduled and adhoc movement of medical equipment from designated allocations around site, ensuring medical equipment are collected and delivered to the required destination and that the tasks are attended and completed within the service specification.
- Scheduled and adhoc patients’ movement via bed or wheelchair transfer throughout the hospital, ensuring the patient safety and care are maintained at all times.
- Adhoc movement of deceased from allocated locations throughout site to mortuary area at CUH ensuring patient dignity is respected and adhered to at all times, using the mortuary trolley to transport the patient wiping down with clinnell wipes on completion of times.
- Scheduled and adhoc movement of pharmacy. Including controlled drugs, fridge items and bulk fluid to all designated areas around site. Ensuring controlled drugs are checked and signed before delivery and at the point of delivery. Fridge drugs are handed to ward/department nurse.
- Adhoc and planned movement of goods within the hospital site, inclusive of sharps bin, water bottles and movement of furniture on request within the attend and complete times set out in the service specification.
- Full flexibility is required to accommodate the needs of the business, this may include night shifts, weekends, evenings and job requirements or shift amendments to current rosters with sufficient notice provided via management.
To be successful in the role, you will need:
- Hard working attitude
- Good level of English
- Self sufficient
- Proactive mindset
What will you get in return?
- A pension scheme- to save for the future - eligibility rules apply
- Access to high street discounts
- Access to low interest loans
- Recognition scheme ‘OCS Stars’- monetary rewards given to top performers
- Training and Development- apprenticeships, e-learning, English as a Second Language and our award nominated ‘Impact’ Programme
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme- discounted bicycles
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme- 24-7 Wellbeing Support
Why join OCS Group Ltd?
OCS prides itself as a company with strong family values and we are passionate about hiring people who demonstrate the same.
We take CARE of you; We act SAFELY and responsibly; We are TRUSTWORTHY; We work as EXPERTS. If you share these Values, we want you to be part of our team.
OCS have a well-respected brand and our colleagues are empowered to be the best version of themselves. We offer job stability and are committed to developing our colleagues by offering more than just a job. We are a financially stable business who continues to be privately owned since its inception in 1900.
We reward those who demonstrate our values and since the launch of our OCS Star recognition scheme we have rewarded nearly 1,500 colleagues with monetary vouchers, certificates, and public recognition within the business.
We invest and support the growth of our people and are currently sponsoring over 310 colleagues who are enrolled in a variety of apprenticeship programmes, ranging from Level 3 qualifications in customer service to degree programmes in Leadership. If you want to develop you career, OCS is a great choice.
OCS offers the family feel of smaller organisations although large enough to offer so many opportunities. We recognise your efforts and contribution and show our appreciation through a variety of reward schemes which in turn results in our colleagues staying with OCS. Our business is the family you can choose, and our people stay for the friendships, opportunities, and career fulfilment we offer.